There’s no way around it, I LOVE CHOCOLATE. It is truly one of my weaknesses. Fortunately, veganism does not mean you have to give it up, just be more discerning about what kind and in what form you are eating it. These brownies, adapted from allrecipes.com, are not only gooey and chocolaty, they are jam packed full of fiber, protein, and omega 3’s—making them ideal for a not-so-sinful treat.
- 2 cups cooked black beans or 1 (15.5 oz) can (drained and rinsed)
- Egg Replacer—equivalent of 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsl vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbls chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup evaporated cane juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbls agave nectar
- ½ cup chocolate vegan chocolate chips
Don't eat the batter, don't eat the batter, don't eat the batter. Okay, a little lick won't hurt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8x8 square baking dish
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in blender or food processor
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Spread evenly in greased pan
- Bake for about 60 minutes* or until the top is dry and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool for 10 minutes